Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Beginning

I've been told that I should start a new blog so that some of my family and friends can keep track of me. I have a LiveJournal, but it's locked down, so most people can't get into it. I got yelled at for that by a few people, so I'm going to try to start keeping up on blogspot too, and we'll see how that goes.

I plan on using this to track my book reading. A few years ago, I found a community on LiveJournal called 50 Book Challenge, where they challenge you to read 50 books over the course of a year. It's a little less than four books every month. I did it in 2007 (though I didn't realize it! Always thought I made it to 49), and smashed the number in 2008 (75 books in '08!), but missed it by 10 books in 2009. Maybe this year I'll make it again. We'll see! But I'm going to post some past reviews, with the dates of the original reviews included in the re-post. And for the better books, I'll try to include the Amazon link, too, just for good measure.

We'll see how this goes. More coming soon...

2 comments:

The Jerseymooners said...

For the record, I never yelled, I just requested access to your writing and the availability of email/google updates!

Katie said...

Haha, okay that's fair. :) Well now you're going to get them. Tada! I had some free time yesterday and figured I might as well set one of these silly things up.