Friday, April 22, 2011

Star Island (Carl Hiaasen)

Summary:
Cherry Pye is a coked-up, washed-up, boring Britney Spears-esque pop star that every paparazzi photog is trying to catch overdosing. One such slime ball becomes obsessed to the point that he tries to kidnap Cherry. The trouble is, he grabs Cherry's body double, Annie, instead. There are so many other lines of plot, it's ridiculous. The book winds up tying most everything together, and what they don't tie up in actual story gets wound up in an epilogue.

Thoughts:
It was a fairly easy read, and I kinda liked most of the characters. But every time the book gave Cherry's full name, my brain would start singing "She's my cherry pie..." Any book that can get an earworm like that in my head needs to go down. It was pretty well written, but I could always tell what was coming from a mile away. Totally meh kinda book.

Book 5 of 30 for the year

Pages: 337
Genre: General fiction
Grade: C+
Would I Recommend?: Not really.

No comments: