Sunday, September 30, 2012

Swan for the Money (Donna Andrews)

Summary:
Meg Langslow has a crazy family that always gets her stuck into crazy situations. This is yet another of them. Her parents decide to get into raising and cultivating roses, and Meg's overbearing, doesn't-hear-the-word-no mother nags Meg into running the annual rose show, on the estate of a crazy woman who insists that her entire home, and every animal on her property be in black and white only. Of course someone ends up dead. Shocker. Especially when not only Meg finds the body, but then figures out who's the killer. Again.

Thoughts:
Boy, Ms. Andrews, Meg is really good at solving mysteries. Why isn't she a cop yet? Oh right, because she's a blacksmith. To be honest, I'm starting to tire of this series. Unless there's something really spectacular that comes out of the next book or so, I'm done. The writing is still pretty good, but it's getting much more predictable. And to be honest, I tried a couple times before I was able to actually get into this one. Not a good sign. I guess it's good for the series, but I guess after eleven books, she gets a little tired of creating a new way for Meg to get involved in the whole mess.

Book 38 of 50

Pages: 320
Genre: mystery
Grade: B-/C+
Would I Recommend?: Meh. If you've made it this far into the series, you might as well finish it, right?

No comments: