Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Devil in the Junior League (Linda Francis Lee)

Posting this here so I can keep up with my posting books on LJ. Just finished another, so stay tuned for more posting...

Finished January 2010.

Summary:
The main character, Frede, (said "Freddie") gets taken for all her money from her asshole husband, and then makes a deal that she'll get her very unrefined neighbor that was a friend in middle school into her exclusive society.

Thoughts:
First finished book of the year. Yeah, so I started it last year, but if I didn't finish books I started last year, I'd never finish about a half dozen books.

Anyway, the book was good. It started pretty slow, but after the first 100 pages or so, it really picked up, and was off and running for the last 200 or so. It's an interesting romp through Texan high society. The first two thirds of the book have Frede getting more and more piled on her shoulders, and then the last third is her taking care of business. It's definitely worth pushing through the first part, to get to the good parts.

Pages: Unknown (didn't have the blog yet!)
Genre: Chick lit
Grade: B
Would I Read Again?: Probably

1 book down for the year, and I'm thinking 49 to go.

No comments: