Sunday, April 4, 2010

Murder by Peacocks (Donna Andrews)

Summary:
Meg Langslow is a blacksmith who has been asked to be the maid of honor in not one, not two, but three weddings. All within about six weeks of each other. And each one of the brides are bonkers. Her best friend, Eileen, wants to attire everyone in velvet, medieval style ensembles. Her future sister-in-law, Samantha, is crazy and, among other things, wants peacocks wandering in the yard for no real discernible reason. Her mother is planning on marrying a bore of a man and ignoring how much Meg's dad still loves her. Oh, and in the midst of this crazy summer of wedding planning, someone gets killed, and Meg's dad tries to deduce whodunnit, causing the killer to go after him too.

Thoughts:
Hilarious. I will be going after every book in the series. The next one is Murder by Puffins, which is the one that I saw first. Andrews' writing is great, and the voice of the book is like an old friend telling the story of her crazy summer of weddings. It's written day by day, too, with each chapter being a different day. And often times, if I'm reading a particularly slow passage, I will pause and check the number of pages, to see how much I have left, or if I'm almost to the end, I'll check. I didn't even think about it during this book, because I was so engrossed in the book. It's just that good. And anyone who's going through or who has gone through planning a wedding will appreciate this immensely. Stacy, I'm looking at you.

Pages: 311
Genre: Mystery, chicklit, humor
Grade: A+
Would I Recommend This?: YES.

10 down, 40 to go!

No comments: