Friday, March 26, 2010

Thanks Stacy!

My sweet, and wonderful cousin, Stacy, was sweet enough to give me a couple of Blogger awards. I don't really know many bloggers on here (namely her, my cousin-in-law-to-be, Dave, and Cake Wrecks...) so I can't exactly pass these awards along all that well, but I wanted to say thanks. :D


For the "Beautiful Blogger" award you need to:
* Thank & link to the person that gave you the award.
* Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
* Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won.
* State 7 things about yourself.

For the "One Lovely Blog Award" you need to:
* Thank & link to the person that gave you the award.
* Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
* Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won.

And here, my 7 things...
1. I have lived in three states, but only call one home. I will always and forever be a Jersey girl, no matter what people who don't know me all that well might like to believe. I was born here, I lived here for the majority of my life, and I will continue to live here. Jersey's home, and all you haters out there can just shut it.

2. I have a great love for scrapbooking, and when you give me the time, space, and tools, I can create pretty awesome books. I'm not one for squared off photos, and tidy lines, either. I like a little mess, a lot of overlap, and enough on the page to tell the whole story.

3. I am a Disney fanatic. Anyone just finding this blog wouldn't know it, but everyone who's ever met me knows damn well. I work for the Mouse. I've been to Disneyland once, and World five times. I have hit all four parks in one day, plus Downtown Disney, and I don't recommend it. I can name most of the major players in any given Disney animated film (not counting sequels) and the ones from the 80s I can practically recite by heart. Fanatic of the highest degree.

4. I love writing. As I'm sure you can tell. I'm verbose, even when I don't want to be. It's my way. (Hey look, not so verbose on this one!)

5. I hate raw tomatoes. I've gotten over the cooked variety, but a raw tomato will make me gag as soon as it touches my tongue. Blech. Everyone makes fun of me for this.

6. I've never left this continent. And the only landmasses that aren't connected to it that I've been on are Liberty, Ellis, and Long Islands. And I'm DYING to explore elsewhere.

7. I love the spell of bookstores. Especially if they DON'T have coffee shops inside. The smell of new books, books that haven't been cracked into and absorbed, gives me a thrill, because I know that in that store, there are thousands and thousands of new adventures that I haven't explored yet, and the promise of newness and intrigue and crisp, untouched pages, brings me so much joy and comfort. Yum. I love new books.

2 comments:

The Jerseymooners said...

I love the smell of bookstores, too! Sometimes, when I need to relax, I visit a book store, even if I know I am not going to buy anything.

xoxo

Katie said...

See, I try doing that too, but then I look at the shelves, and I'm done. I walk out with a handful of books. It's pretty bad, actually.