Sunday, September 18, 2011

Band Room Bash (Candice Speare)

Summary:
Second in a series I've not read before. Trish Cunningham is a mother of four (if I remember correctly), who's pregnant again. She arrives at the local high school for a meeting about promoting the school play, and finds one of the teachers involved murdered in the band room. Oh, and her stepson is a prime suspect. She's determined to find out who the murderer is and fast, before her stepson is charged.

Thoughts:
I ordered this on a whim from someone on Paperback Swap because of the title, and my band nerd history. It had little to nothing to do with band people, though. Sadness. But on to the book itself... Honestly, this author doesn't bring anything really new to the murder mystery novel party. The main character is boring, and pretty stupid, because she puts herself into danger while being very pregnant. The police chief basically hates her, and doesn't want her getting her nose into anything, which makes absolute sense, but she keeps going anyway. Everyone expects her to solve the murder, even though she has literally only solved one murder before. But of course, after you've done it once, it's not hard at all. Ugh. I didn't like anything in particular about the book, and more often than not, I was rolling my eyes at the idiocy of the main character. No, thank you. I won't be going back to read the first book, nor will I be continuing on with the series. Skip this one.

Book 26 of 30

Pages: 249
Genre: Mystery
Grade: D
Would I Recommend?: Eh. I won't be getting more from this series, I don't think.

No comments: