Sunday, September 11, 2011

Club Dead (Charlaine Harris)

Summary:
The next book in the True Blood series. Bill gets kidnapped, and Sookie has to help by going to Mississippi to hunt him down. She spends time with Alcide, a werewolf with a good heart. And when Sookie finds out that Bill's been hanging around with the vampire that he used to be completely enamored of for a great many years, she gets angry and hurt. Who can blame her when she takes second looks at both Alcide, and Bill's boss, Eric.

Thoughts:
It's good. Honestly, though, it's not really my favorite series. I liked the show, and the books are good, but something about them isn't quite doing it for me anymore. I probably will keep up with them, to be honest, because I'm really bad at giving up midstream. I really liked how this one ended up. It felt like the end brought Sookie to a much more independent place in her life, and I liked that. I really hope to see Alcide again, because I loved his character. And I hope when we do see him again, Sookie's in a place to welcome him into her life a little more. Apparently, I'm more fond of werewolves than vampires when it's down to one or the other.

Book 25 of 30

Pages: 292
Genre: Mystery, vampires, romance
Grade: B-
Would I Recommend?: Sure, if you're a vampire mystery type.

No comments: