Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cockatiels at Seven (Donna Andrews)

Summary:
Once again in Meg Langslow's world, there's chaos and upheaval. This time around, a friend drops off her little boy, Timmy, for "just a little while." The little while turns into a day, then two, then three... And Meg hasn't even spoken to this friend for a good two years, since before the toddler was even born. It turns into a missing persons case that winds up with a dead body and embezzlement from the local college. It's always good news when Meg's around, after all. To top it off, Meg and Michael, now happily married (for a few weeks), are starting to think about having kids, thanks to Timmy. Are they ready for all that?

Thoughts:
Not one of my favorite Andrews stories, I'm not going to lie. I think I've gotten to the point that I'm reading the rest of the series to see it through to the end. The family's antics just weren't there this time, and there wasn't nearly as much fun. Plus, add a toddler into the danger mix, and it'll always shake out badly. I'm not going to end this series for myself, because I do still enjoy Meg's crazy-ass family, but it's not necessarily on my top priority list anymore.

Book 2 of 50

Pages: 304
Genre: Mystery, romance
Grade: B-/C+
Would I Recommend?: Eh, it's a good series, and probably there will be references to this book in future, so maybe don't skip it, but don't start from this one, as it's not a very good showing of the crazy that could happen when the Langslow family is involved.

No comments: