Sunday, October 14, 2012

Murder of a Creped Suzette (Denise Swanson)

Summary:
Skye Denison, school psychologist and analyst for the local cops, manages to get her nose in everyone's business all the time. This time, Skye overhears a fight between a local country star and his manager over the cute little woman they've picked to be the star's opening act. Suzette, Miss Opening Act herself then asks Skye to help her find out what really happened the night her mother died. But before Skye can get much information out of Suzette, the starlet-to-be gets herself steamrolled. Literally. Now Skye finds herself needing to learn both who killed Suzette, and what happened to Suzette's mother, and of course Skye can't resist a good mystery.

Thoughts:
Ugh. This series is getting very tired. Sure, the storylines are still good mysteries, but getting Skye involved in them keeps getting more and more convoluted. I also tend to want to smack Skye upside the head more often now. I'm finding that in some series, I get more annoyed with the characters as time goes on, and I think that might be the case with this series as well. But if you're still okay to muddle your way through this series, more power to you. I think I'm done.

Book 40 of 50

Pages: 272
Genre: mystery with a hint of romance
Grade: B-/C+
Would I Recommend?: The series started out well, but has gone downhill for me. If you've liked the series so far, though, go for it.

No comments: