Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sizzling Sixteen (Janet Evanovich)

Summary:
Vinnie Plum, Stephanie's jerk second cousin who runs the bail bonds office she works out of, has gone and gotten himself in debt up to his eyeballs with some bad people. And then he's kidnapped. Stephanie and the gang have to try to get Vinnie back alive and in one piece so they can pull the bond office out of the hole he's dug for them. Meanwhile, Steph and Morelli are in their off-again phase, and she's feeling herself tugged toward Ranger, and she's trying her damnedest not to succumb to his immeasurable talents in the bedroom. Oh boy.

Thoughts:
Really good, as is the norm for Ms. E. Of course, you're constantly wanting to kick Vinnie in the ass for being so completely stupid, but that's no different from usual. And of course, the ladies of the bond office are getting themselves into more trouble than they can really handle, but again, it's kind of the norm. And Lula never ceases to elicit at least one good giggle every book, if not more. It usually comes from her sneeze-fart-"Oh, excuse me." combos, and I will never say no to that. There's just something about a good fart joke, y'know? Ah, but I've digressed yet again. Sixteen is just one more in the now very long list of fantastic books in the series. Including the betweens, we've rounded ourselves out to a solid twenty books, with another three to go for me. I can't imagine what I'm going to do once I've finished this series. It's going to take something really special to take Evanovich's place in my constant book rotation. We'll have to wait and see, won't we?

Book 12 of 50

Pages: 320
Genre: mystery
Grade: A-/B+
Would I Recommend?: Start from the top and work your way through the series. You won't be sorry. I promise.

No comments: