Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Ghost and Mrs. McClure (Cleo Coyle/Alice Kimberly)

Summary:
Pen McClure is a bookshop owner in "hicksville" Rhode Island. She's a single mom, thanks to her husband committing suicide. She moves her son from NYC to Rhode Island to get away from the crazy city life- and the crazy in-laws. She buys into her aunt's bookstore, and rehabs it so she can help put it on the map. At her first author signing event, the author himself keels over dead. What progresses is that Pen tries to hunt down the murderer. Oh, and by the way, her biggest ally is a private dick from the 1940's who was offed in that same bookstore sixty years ago. She's the only one that can hear Jack Shepherd's voice. And he's an A-number-one flirt, too.

Thoughts:
Written by Cleo Coyle under the name of "Alice Kimberly." Why do writers do this? I don't get it. Anyway... The book.

So much fun. I couldn't out it down. Seriously, I loved this book. I'll be going to get more Cleo Coyle in the future, I think. It sounds, from the way she ended the book, that there's more in this series. So I'll be hunting that down, for sure. I love Jack. I love Penelope. I want more, like, now.

Pages: 261
Genre: Mystery, straight up.
Grade: A+
Would I Recommend?: Absolutely. I already have, actually. I'll be handing this off tomorrow afternoon, actually. :)

19 down, 31 to go!

No comments: