Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lois Lane Tells All (Karen Hawkins)

Summary:
Susan is a news reporter with a special love for Clark Kent and Lois Lane. Mark is an accountant trying to get Susan's paper from running into the ground. Opposites attract, standard romance novel storyline ensues, with the added bonus of a little mystery thrown in. (Someone stole $30K from a church bake sale, and someone else is making threats to Susan's life.)

Thoughts:
Standard romance novel. There's not much else to say, except the editor on this one could use going over it one more time. To be fair, the mystery parts were not so predictable, but the romance bits? More obvious than the nose on my face. Once again, I wish we could see a little of the happily ever after bits. Most romances end with the MCs saying "I love you" for the first time ever (and usually actually revealing that there's any feelings there at all) on the very last page. Is it so wrong to want to see a little conflict after they say "I love you"?

Pages: 379
Genre: Romance, mystery
Grade: C+
Would I Recommend?: Eh, it was okay. I wouldn't tell someone not to read it...

22 down, 28 to go!

No comments: