Wednesday, May 12, 2010

She Went All the Way (Meg Cabot)

Summary:
Lou Calabrese and Jack Townsend board a helicopter to get to the set of the movie that Lou wrote, and Jack is staring in. They hate each other, but figure they can handle a few minutes stuck in a small moving vehicle. Little do they know there's a plot against Jack's life, and the helicopter pilot has been hired to kill Jack. They fight off the pilot and the chopper crashes. Oh, did I mention that this is in the wilderness of Alaska? For the next few days, they fight to stay warm and alive. Will they ever figure out who's out to get Jack? (Or how to get themselves back to some sort of civilization.)

Thoughts:
Awesome, as always with Ms. Cabot. I have loved Ms. Meg for many years now, since the first Princess Diaries book, (no, I haven't read them all. I got bored with them about four books in) and have loved just about everything I've ever read of hers. I have about six books of hers to cover still. I want to hold off, though, because I don't want to kill all the Cabot joy and never have more from her to read. Ah, but back to this one.

Lou's an awesome character. Jack too. It is, of course, the classic romantic comedy plot line. Girl hates boy. Girl and Boy get stuck in some sort of situation where they have to be in close quarters for an indeterminate length of time. They both start falling for each other, but won't tell the other one. They fall into having sex eventually. They get back to their regular life, having to avoid each other because it's just "too weird." One does something daring to win the other's heart for good. The end. The thing about Cabot is that she makes you actually want to get to those points. She makes you want to see them fall in love. Plus, she's fun about it.

Pages: 354
Genre: Chicklit, Mystery, Romance
Grade: A
Would I Recommend?: YES. Anything Meg's, I'll recommend it, except the Queen of Babble sequels. Those were surprisingly bad.

18 down, 32 to go!

No comments: